Can't find DSP effect on FMOD

Hello,

I’m currently attempting to load a plugin into FMOD using one of the examples provided by the FMOD Programmers API, specifically the “fmod_gain.cpp” file. I have successfully built and compiled the file using Xcode, resulting in a Dynamic Library (.dylib). Also, I have added all the necessary headers and binary libraries to my Xcode project. And I have placed the compiled .dylib file within the FMOD plugins path.

However, despite all of that, I am unable to see any additional DSP effect in the effects browser. It’s possible that I might be doing something incorrectly or overlooking a crucial step. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your assistance!

Hi,

Unfortunately I’ve been unable to reproduce the issue. I’m able to build the fmod_gain.dylib from the examples, place it in a relevant plugin directory (in my case, I went to the FMOD Studio app, showed package contents, and placed it in the plugin directory within), and have it show up in as a usable effect in the effects menu under Add Effects → Plug-in Effects → FMOD → Gain.

Can I get you to provide your FMOD Studio and FMOD Engine version numbers, and the exact path that you’ve placed your .dylib in?