Change Convolution Reverb's IR via script

Let me refine this:

How do I, in general, launch a script at runtime without hitting ‘Scripts/Reload’ or from some type of console, but from within the Game?

Would it be possible to “attach” a js script (which lives in my project’s ‘/Scripts’ folder) to a mixer snapshot, i.e. have the snapshot launch the script as soon as it’s playing? I did dump() all info on the snapshot in the terminal but most of the parameters aren’t covered in the documentation, I spent a day taking guesses and experimenting (to no success) and there’s virtually not a single tutorial out there.

Halp anyone?

Alternatively, is there a way to have a script launch at startup and loop in the background? When I put a while loop in my script, have it count to 100, log the current number and wait 100ms every iteration, FMOD (on Mac) will give me the beach ball for 10 seconds (that’s how long the script takes) and only then log 100 lines at once. Accordingly, it will just beach ball and crash if I put an infinite loop. Looks to me like the script is happening in the main thread - could that be the problem?

It’s funny how nobody seems to be using scripts in FMOD that much, or am I missing something?