Clean Up Reaper link

Hello,
After taking over the position of sound designer, the previous person used the connection with Reaper. How can I clean up the FMOD project from all of that (meta files, rplink…) without losing any useful data?

It depends on what you mean by “useful data.” What exactly do you want to keep?

If you don’t want to use any of the Reaper-made assets, you can simply delete them from the assets browser. This will, of course, prevent your from using them in your project.

When I filter with #unused I get a lot of rpp.link and .wave.meta files for example, I would like to know if I can remove all unneeded files and how?

Click the “Flatten” toggle button in the bottom right corner of the browser to hide all of the folders, filter for #unused, select everything visible in the browser, then press the “Delete” key on your keyboard.

Hiding the folders is important because it’ll prevent those folders from being deleted, which may be important if some of the items in those folders are not unused.

Thank you, Joseph. So the *.meta files I can delete without risk?

I don’t know exactly what .meta files are or why they’re in your project’s assets folder. However, I do know that FMOD Studio is unable to read or use them as audio assets, so deleting them should not affect the behavior of your FMOD Studio project.

Moreover, if they have the #unused tag, that indicates that they are not used by any part of your FMOD Studio project.