Connection between FMOD and MAX MSP via OSC link

Hello. I would like to control my FMOD project from the MAX MSP software using an OSC link. Is this possible?
In MAX, I send a frame to port 3663 at address 127.0.0.1, but FMOD cannot connect. I’ve entered the address 127.0.0.1:3663 in the “Connect to Game” window in FMOD, but I get an error: “Connecting”.

What error did I make? Thank you very much for your help

Without using Unity or Unreal, isn’t there a way of controlling FMOD from external software?
I want to make generative music, using FMOD but with parameters that vary according to external information? What are my options?

Thank you very much!

There’s a couple of modes of connectivity that the FMOD Studio application has:

• Connecting to the scripting interface at (by default) 127.0.0.1:3663 - this allows you to send commands to Studio that make use of the Scripting API
  • Using Live Update to connect to an FMOD System instance that has been created using the FMOD Engine
  • Connecting to the FMOD Studio application using control surface at Preferences → Control Surfaces - FMOD Studio specifically supports the use of the Mackie Control protocol

That said, the FMOD Studio application is specifically for designing audio behavior that is then exported and played back using the FMOD Engine - it’s not intended for playing back audio, or editing audio like a DAW. If you want to use FMOD to create generative music with MAX MSP, the likely method to do so would be to write a plugin for MSP that uses the FMOD Engine, and then use that plugin to play events, change parameter values, etc.