Copying FMOD banks does not find masterbanks.string

Hello,

I am working for a company that is not using any source control in the game development. However, I need to implement the sounds and I am at a distance. The project has already the integration of Unity and FMOD. My idea was to generate the FMOD banks on my PC, upload the banks and put them in a folder in the root folder of the Unity project. In the FMOD settings in the project it is indicated to use single-platform with the correct directory. However when I run the game the following errors occur:

• [FMOD] RuntimeBankModel::openFile : Failed to open file ‘BanksFmod/Desktop/Desktop/Master.strings.bank’

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK (FMOD.DEBUG_FLAGS,intptr,int,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:39)

• BankLoadException: [FMOD] Could not load bank ‘BanksFmod/Desktop/Desktop/Master.strings.bank’ : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.loadedBankRegister (FMODUnity.RuntimeManager+LoadedBank loadedBank, System.String bankPath, System.String bankName, System.Boolean loadSamples, FMOD.RESULT loadResult) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:831)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.LoadBank (System.String bankName, System.Boolean loadSamples) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:954)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.LoadBanks (FMODUnity.Settings fmodSettings) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:1064)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:LoadBanks(Settings) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:1071)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:Initialize() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:336)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:get_Instance() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:120)
    FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:LoadBank(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:886)
    FMODUnity.StudioBankLoader:Load() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioBankLoader.cs:100)
    FMODUnity.StudioBankLoader:HandleGameEvent(LoaderGameEvent) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioBankLoader.cs:21)
    FMODUnity.StudioBankLoader:Start() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioBankLoader.cs:32)

What version of FMOD are you using? I am seeing a double “Desktop” in that path, can you please share your Build Path in the FMOD Unity settings as it appears in your project?

I am using the version 2.01.11. Sure

unknown

Thank you for the additional information. The errors you are seeing are what I would expect to see with a Source Type set to “Multiple Platform Build”. I think I am going to need a reproduction- would it be possible for you to upload a stripped down unity project to your Profile? You can remove all your scenes and other assets, I just want to take a look at the banks and see if I can get them loading in your project.

Just looping in this solution from someone having similar issues, if you are still running into this problem, can you please give their solution a shot and confirm whether it solves your issue?