Dolby atmos on Android

I’m working on a Dolby Atmos project that works correctly on Windows. I’ve configured it in 7.1.4, as suggested in the Dolby Atmos tutorial. However, when I build it for Android and tested it on my Samsung Note 10+, which is Dolby Atmos-compatible, anything assigned to the roof speakers seems to vanish. My FMOD version is 2.02.11, and the Unity version is 2021.3.19f1. Did I overlook something?

Hi,

It may be you have set the Surround Speaker Mode (Unity Integration | User Guide - Setting Your Speaker Mode) for the Android platform:

If there is no specific platform settings then it will use the default. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response! I conducted a test following the configuration exactly as presented in the image, but still, the sounds that should be played on the ceiling are not being reproduced.

In order to test, I played a rain sound at 100% to the roof speakers.

On Windows, it’s playing normally (both on Dolby Atmos-compatible devices and stereo devices), but on the mobile phone, the sounds from the ceiling simply disappear.

I will provide some screenshots of my configuration in FMOD:

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshots. Upon further investigation, I found we do not currently support 7.4.1 on Android. I have passed it on to our development team to look into further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Hi, is there any update on this?

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is still in our backlog. I will note your interest on the task.

1 Like