Dynamic Beat Events from Programmer Sound

Hi there!
We’re working on a project that requires loading different AudioClips from Unity and then getting Beat Events from it. I’m pretty sure we need to use AudioClips, since they are fetched remotely. Also none of them share the same BPM.

Currently we’re doing this using a programmer instrument with a slightly modified version of the Programmer Instrument Example to load the song into FMOD and then we’re running a seperate “clock” with the BPM from the song in Unity. But as you can imagine, this has several issues with regards to syncing them perfectly.

I was wondering if there is a better approach for doing this. I was thinking about dynamically setting the BPM in the Event, setting a dynamic loop region (that always has the correct length of beats) and then playing it from a programmer sound, but I’m not sure if this is even supported.

Is there a better approach for creating a Beat Grid in FMOD that’s readable in game with dynamic BPM or would you recommend we continue using a separate Beat Grid in Unity?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi,

Could I please grab some more information about the intended behavior? How are audio clips being retrieved? How many variations on BPM could there possibly be?

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

What do you mean by beat grid here?

An option may be creating multiple events with programmer instruments with all expected BPMs if only a fixed number of variations exist. Or adding FMOD Engine | Glossary - Sync Points to the audio clips after they have been downloaded and responding to the beats in an FMOD Engine | Core API Reference - FMOD_CHANNELCONTROL_CALLBACK_SYNCPOINT.