Envelopes in Macros get cut off in fullscreen?

Studio 2.02 Windows 10, 2 screens (4k & 1080p) with different scaling settings for each screen.

This happened when I was automating the macro for a snapshot (eg an ahdsr for intensity) but also was automating the pitch macro for a group bus. When that group bus is selected and the automation is displayed it creates a lot of visual weirdness.

Here’s the bottom zone with just the snapshot selected:

Totally fine. But now if I select the bus with the pitch macro automation this happens:

All the group buses have been shoved off the end of the program window, and you can see the envelopes also disappear to the right, and you can’t access or scroll to them.

This messed up mixer view persists until you take the window out of fullscreen at which point you get this:

(if the view is in Mixing Desk instead of Selected Buses then all the buses are crowded to the right leaving a big gap on the left)

I should point out that this window was so wide it extended beyond both monitors! It seems that the width of the macro section dictates the program window width. It’s a little unwieldy, and as mentioned if this happens in fullscreen then you have to un fullscreen, then re fullscreen to get the normal view back.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue! The lack of scrollbar in the event macros is definitely a problem, so I’ve added it to our bug tracker. It’ll be fixed in an upcoming version of FMOD Studio.

1 Like