Mixer window not responding to mouse input

Hi,
I am experiencing an issue with a duplicated project created using ‘save as’ where the mix window will not let me move faders or any other functions. I also get just a bunch of number appearing over the mouse pointer when trying to drag the ‘knob’ volume level down in the bottom portion of the mixer window. See attached screen shot.
It seems the whole mixer window freezes up shortly after opening the session. I have no idea what could be causing this. Any help appreciated.
Using MacOS Big Sur on FMOD 2.02.16
MixerFrozen

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have a Big Sur machine and I was unable to reproduce the issue on Ventura.

How are you opening the project? Is it only happening after it is saved or is it happening every time the duplicated project is opened?

Would it be possible to get the package project uploaded to your profile with the following options:

Thanks

Thanks for replying @Connor_FMOD ,
I don’t mean to ignore your questions, however I think I have found the issue.

On this computer when I open the mixer window it defaults to a tab of the main application window. In this state I cannot control the mixer. If i pop it out, into its own window, then I can control everything as expected.
Is this a known bug?
I can’t find any setting within FMOD to change how new windows open up.
This is not the behaviour on a newer Mac (latest OS) I work on the same project with. When I open the mixer it opens up as a new window already.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi,

No worries, thank you for sharing the solution.

Are you working with FMOD in fullscreen mode? Could you try disabling the Remember Window Position option in the preferences window and make sure that you are not in full screen mode:

Thanks

I am not working in full screen mode.
I unchecked the ‘remember window position’ then re-launched FMOD after saving. When I opened the project I get the Event Editor and Mixer tabbed into the one window.

I can un-dock the mix window into its own window and save, when opening again it still opens up with the tabbed windows. Its odd, i’ve never had this before.

1 Like

Profiler, Sandbox & Console also open into new tabs as well. The other windows open in a new window i.e Audio Bin, Preset Browser etc.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I think this may be similar to this issue here: When windows are tabbed, FMOD UI elements are not always clickable. Which we are already looking into, I will add your information to the investigation.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime if the OS allows, a workaround may be disabling the tabbing option in the macOS system preferences:

Hopefully, this should stop new FMOD windows from opening in tabs.e