Error while trying to migrate project in 2.00.14 to 2.01.07

Me and the programmer on my team recently upgraded our FMOD Engine and UE4 integration to version 2.01.07. I started getting errors while trying to get live update working, but I realized I was still using version 2.00.14 of FMOD Studio so I decided to also upgrade that to the most recent version. However, now I’m encountering issues with migrating the project to this most recent version. I’m not sure what studio file this error message is referring to and I’m a bit lost on what to do.

I’ve tested migrating projects between 2.00.14 to 2.01.07 without any issue, so we need to investigate what is happening with that particular xml file. Could you please try the following:

1. Open your project and select Window > Console
  2. Type var thing = studio.project.lookup("{03d544c5-0566-4778-8888-2cda8d399191}"); studio.window.navigateTo(thing);
  3. Check the thing that has been opened for anything that could be wrong. A corrupt instrument or file, or perhaps the name of the thing has some invalid characters. You can also try deleting the troublesome thing.

I have the same problem when migrating from 2.00.17 to 2.01.11 - I’m getting this error:

and when trying to type your suggested code into the console I get no results, probably because of an error message when I open the console: “FMOD Studio couldn’t bind to port 3663.”

I also tried exporting the GUIDs of the project and searching for this particular one but “3415634c-2420-4707-91a7-579100ceea34” was not found in the text document with the GUIDs.

Any further advice would be much appreciated!

In the FMOD Studio project open in 2.00.17, could you type {3415634c-2420-4707-91a7-579100ceea34} into the event search bar. It should show you the event in question. Likely this event will not be present in the migrated project, but it is unclear as to why.

I typed it in the search bar in 2.00.17 but no event shows up. Mysterious!

In that case it sounds like an event that once existed but no more however the event’s xml somehow wasn’t cleaned up properly. The migration will validate the project on completion and this is where the straggling xml is being picked up.

Click on File > Validate Project in your 2.01 project and it should give you the option to fix these errors, which is to remove the xml from the project. You should be able to use your project as per normal from there.

Problem is: I can’t validate the project in FMOD 2.01 because it won’t open there - due to the migration error message. It just cancels loading the project.
Validating the project in FMOD 2.0 didn’t resolve the error either unfortunately.

That is very odd. Are you able to share your project with us to take a closer look? It might be a different XML trying to reference the “invalid” XML.

I’m not completely comfortable with sharing the project publicly like this to be honest :grimacing: - is there another way than posting it here?

You can DM me a link to a file share site such as Dropbox or Google Drive, if you want.

1 Like