I am currently trying out the new FMOD Studio version, the changes made in the Studio software and in terms of performance are amazing!
However I did find a problem concerning read-only parameters - they seem to fail being controllable by automation and modulation. On my main project we use a lot of read-only parameters which use an AHDSR modulator to drive the parameter value when the event starts/stops, as well as read-only parameters that are driven by sidechains. On the latest FMOD Studio version 2.01.00 however they do not behave in the expected way anymore and their read-only flag has to be removed for them to operate in the usual manner again.
I hope this problem can be fixed in the next release of 2.01, for now removing the read-only flag seems to be a working solution. Thanks for an amazing release, loving the new features!
Thanks for the bug report! I’ve added this issue to our bug tracker, and it will be fixed in an upcoming version of FMOD Studio.