Fmod crashing engine when stopping PIE session

Happened to me after switching to 4.21.1 using the latest fmod engine plugin.
I just need to play an event once and the editor crashes when stopping the PIE session
I did not have this issue on 4.20

LoginId:6de1ec9c4525eac1d22c41add2c0adbc
EpicAccountId:a64e1baacce2492fb4c6903b26f3022c

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
fmodstudioL64
UE4Editor_FMODStudio!FFMODStudioModule::DestroyStudioSystem() [f:\jk\workspace\1.10_ue4.21_win64\integrations\ue4\temp\fmodstudio\hostproject\plugins\fmodstudio\source\fmodstudio\private\fmodstudiomodule.cpp:768]
UE4Editor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODStudioEditorModule::EndPIE() [f:\jk\workspace\1.10_ue4.21_win64\integrations\ue4\temp\fmodstudio\hostproject\plugins\fmodstudio\source\fmodstudioeditor\private\fmodstudioeditormodule.cpp:890]
UE4Editor_FMODStudioEditor!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FFMODStudioEditorModule,void __cdecl(bool)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\data\ue4\unreal engine\4.21\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:518]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!TBaseMulticastDelegate<void,bool const >::Broadcast() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:974]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::EndPlayMap() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:269]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1992]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:403]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3699]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:174]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:145]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:276]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:283]
kernel32
ntdll

What version of FMOD are you using?

The latest engine plugin (1.10.10).
Also the events just get played in c++ like we used to do with the UE4 audio engine; we do not store the FFMODEventInstance which gets returned.

I will have to investigate this further, if you are able to send us the full logs that may help.

Hi. Our code team is also experiencing the same crash, especially with breakpoints. Has there been any progress in resolving this? We’re also using v1.10.10

It may be fixed in an update (as we are up to 1.10.13 now) although we weren’t able to reproduce the issue and we haven’t received confirmation yet.

Are you able to provide more information on the issue (eg. log files, repro steps, repro project)?

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask our code team to sort out some details.

In case someone finds this theme too:
After migrating from 4.22 to 4.24 I’ve started to receive constant FMOD crash after the Play In Editor session.
What I did:

• Updated the fmod plugin (didn’t help)
  • Updated the fmod studio (didn’t help)
  • Disabled “Enable Live Update” in the Fmod settings in the UE (fixed the crash).