FMOD DLL Loading Error with Python on Windows 64-bit

I am attempting to integrate FMOD Studio API with Python on a Windows 64-bit system for an audio project. Here’s a summary of the steps I’ve taken and the issue I’m facing:

1. Installation of FMOD Studio API: I installed FMOD Studio 2.02.17, and the installation was successful.
  2. Python Integration: I’m using Python 3.11.2 (64-bit) and have installed the pyfmodex library to interact with FMOD.
  3. DLL Location: I found the fmod.dll file in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\core\examples\bin. I also noticed a mention of the DLLs being in Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib, but I’m unsure if this is relevant to my setup.
  4. Python Script Execution: When attempting to run a Python script that imports FMOD, I receive the following error:
OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

This error seems to indicate an issue with loading the fmod.dll.
5. Architecture Mismatch Suspected: I suspect there might be a mismatch between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the DLL and the Python interpreter, but I’m not certain how to resolve this.
6. Attempts to Resolve: I’ve tried various paths and methods to load the DLL, including using both the command line and IDLE Shell, but the issue persists.

I’m looking for guidance on how to correctly locate and load the appropriate FMOD DLL for use with Python. Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,

Unfortunately, as we don’t officially support third-party libraries/APIs, and your issue is a problem with pyfmodex and not interacting with FMOD API functionality, I can’t be of much help here. I would recommend reaching out to other users of pyfmodex and seeing whether they can help you resolve your issue.