FMOD doesn't work in a build

Hello!) I got an odd issue. When I do launch on my iPad the fmod works great. But when I build my project and run it on the iPad from Testflight there aren’t any sounds. I looked through the user guide several times but it didn’t help. Please, help))

Perhaps this is an issue with the mixer resuming when launching from Testflight into the app. Can you please try calling FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CoreSystem.mixerPause() and FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CoreSystem.mixerResume() before playing your first sound and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks, Jeff, but when I made a local PC packaged build, fmod didn’t work as well. My solution was adding FMOD asset directories to cook and changing non-asset folder from FMOD/desktop to FMOD/mobile. Frankly, another colleague does banks for my project. Does he do banks correctly if I needed to change FMOD/desktop to FMOD/mobile? TY

Glad you got it working- manually adding paths to “Additional Asset Directories to Cook” is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release.
And yes, It sounds like they are packaging banks correctly. The Platform Sepcifics section of the FMOD Unreal docs goes through the recommended steps required to package for different platforms without having to change the “Additional Non-Asset Directories To Copy” each time.

1 Like