FMOD Effect dll's Location

Hi,

I’m trying to enable the Distance Filter effect on my events into UE4. The thing is that I’m trying to follow the API documentation but when I go to the locations pointed out I can’t find the dlls. Is it already built in whenever I do the build for the different platforms or do I have to set it up as the documentation suggests? In the later case, how do I do it? Where should I find those dll files and folders? (because the route FMODStudio/Binaries/Platform/ doesn’t show up)

I’ll appreciate your assistance in this matter,as for the version I’m using FMODStudio 1.10.10 x64

Ok, so I manage to finally find the files which are in “FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio 1.10.10\plugins” as opposed to “FMODStudio/Binaries/Platform/” which is the one suggested on the API documentation.

The rest of the explanation is fine since it has to be done in the engine folders. It would be good to update the paths on the documentation to avoid this kind of misunderstandings in the future.

Hi Ashgard,

There’s a bit of confusion here - the documentation says to place the plugin DLLs into FMODStudio/Binaries/Platform not that they are found in there. We can look into making this a bit more explicit.

Don’t forget to set up the deployment of the plugins as well before building your game. The instructions on how to do this are in the “Deploying FMOD plugins” section found here:
https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?page=content/generated/engine_ue4/plugins.html#/

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

The part referring to the deployment is good it’s just the part of the plugins DLL’s that is confusing. Thanks for the reply and for taking the suggestion into account.