How does integration work for Unreal group project in Perforce?

Hi there!

How does the integration work for Unreal group project? Does everyone have to download the fmod integration plugin or is it enough with only me? Also, is there a way to make the integration a part of perforce workstation?

Hi Erik,

This depends on how the FMOD Studio integration has been installed.

If the integration was installed in the Unreal Engine 4 installation folder then everyone in the project will need to download and install the exact same version. This won’t be a part of the Perforce workstation.

If the integration was installed in the Unreal Engine 4 project’s root folder (<projectRoot>/Plugins/FMODStudio) then the integration will be a part of the project and therefore anyone who syncs latest with the Perforce workstation won’t need to manually install. This will be a part of the Perforce workstation.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard!
It was in fact installed at my local folder, and not on the perforce server!

This ( <projectRoot>/Plugins/FMODStudio ) that you speak of: I can’t find the plugins folder in perforce. Do I just create a folder named “plugin”, and place that under ( <ProjectRoot>/<GameName>/Plugin/FMODStudio) or is there a specific place I have to install the plugin on?

Cheers!

Hi Erik,

That’s correct, you will need to manually create a “Plugins” folder in your project’s root directory and then copy the “FMODStudio” folder from the UE4 integration zip folder. There’s more information in the “install_notes.txt” text file.

Thanks,
Richard