How to Delete AudioListener and stop RuntimeManager when loading brand new scene? (or alternatives)

In my game, I have to do a hard reset in a certain situation, and that includes deleting the AudioListener that contains the Studio Listener.

On an EXPORTED BUILD, what I find is happening is that the RuntimeManager seems to stay active and starts to complain once the new Audio listener is created:

Exception: [FMOD] Attempted access by script to RuntimeManager while application is quitting
at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in :0
at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.SetListenerLocation (Int32 listenerIndex, UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, UnityEngine.Rigidbody2D rigidBody2D) [0x00000] in :0
at FMODUnity.StudioListener.SetListenerLocation () [0x00000] in :0
at FMODUnity.StudioListener.Update () [0x00000] in :0

And in an EDITOR BUILD I run into a different issue where it tries to MuteAllEvents() on LoadScene()

Exception: [FMOD] Attempted access by script to RuntimeManager while application is quitting
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:53)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_HasBanksLoaded () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:1043)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.MuteAllEvents (Boolean muted) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:1013)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:373)

Which seems to be due to line 373 on the Update() function of the RuntimeManager.cs

#if UNITY_EDITOR
        MuteAllEvents(UnityEditor.EditorUtility.audioMasterMute);

What is the right way to do handle this? My goal is to load a brand new scene, meaning I will lose access to the audioListener (that contains the Studio Listener) until the new scene is loaded.
My questions:

• Should I never destroy the audioListener? How can I ‘turn off’ FMOD during a hard reset of the scenes?
  • When is the RuntimeManager initialized? When I add the StudioListener component?
  • Does the RuntimeManager stay active once the gameObject with the StudioListener gets destroyed?

The RuntimeManager is initialized when it is first referenced by an object in the scene and stays around, in the background, until the game ends.

Destroying and creating new listeners should not be a problem, FMOD allows up to 8 listeners at a time.

What version of FMOD are you using?