How To Get GUIDs From Banks Using Unity

Hello! I’ve been working with FMOD Studio for a month, but I only started working with Unity the other day. I’m an absolute beginner at Unity, and I don’t really understand much about its functionality. But I would be very interested to know if it is possible to get a list of all events and GUIDs from my .bank files (including Main bus)? If possible, please describe specifically how to do this.

And I would also be interested to know if it is possible to use Unity to get the GUIDs of an existing .bank flies that were created by other people?

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

1. Get a list of all the banks from the Studio System: Studio::System::getBankList
  2. Each bank can retrieve a list of all its events: Studio:;Bank;:getEventList
  3. From the Event Description you can get the GUID: Studio::EventDescription::getID.

I have attached a script I made to retrieve all the GUIDS, but I recommend looking through the API to understand better what is happening.
GetGuidsFromBanks.txt (1.6 KB)

If you have access to the bank and load it with your FMOD Studio system then you can use steps 2-3 to retrieve the GUIDS.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks, it definitely helped. But I have another question. I was able to open .bank files in Unity, but there is this button associated with FMOD Studio. Its description says that I can open and watch a certain event in FMOD Studio. But when pressed, the button does nothing. Am I doing everything right? Is it possible to open all these events from the .bank files in a new .fspro file?

1 Like

Hi,

What window do you have open in the screenshot? Is it the Event Browser?

Are you seeing any logs in the console when trying to play the event?

No, you can only use the banks to play their events. They can’t be added to a Studio project to edit their events.

Hello again! I apologize for such frequent questions, but is there any way to get the GUIDs of all objects as such in FMOD Stuido or .bank in Unity? Including bus, banks and folders

Hi,

You can get Bank, Bus, Event and VCA GUIDs. However, folders do not have GUIDS.

Hope this helps!