I have three loops. They represent the “base,” the “piano,” and the “kick” track. What I want to do is the following:
- The base track loops no matter what.
- The piano and the kick track join according to a discrete parameter. When the parameter is at 1 or above, and 2 or above, respectively.
- A crossfade should take place on transition. That fading must be in total sync with what is currently playing.
What I mean by the final point is as follows:
Suppose that the crossfade takes exactly a beat long. When the discrete parameter changes from 0 to 1, it causes the piano track to start playing. If the param change occurred at the 5th beat of the loop, the crossfade should occur so that the piano track fades in from the 5th beat and completes fading precisely at the 6th beat.
Right now, I have achieved something close to what I want by:
- Placing all the track on separate tracks and
- setting trigger conditions up for each instrument.
However, I can’t crossfade the instruments correctly. I tried the AHDSR, but that caused the instrument to fade in at every start of the loop. It seems that looping causes the instrument to retrigger. I want FMOD to ignore the attack portion at the beginning of the loop. Is this possible?
Screenshot of the event in question: