How to setup one Transition Marker with a random Destination?

I’d like to have one Transition Marker that selects from random Destinations. I’m working around this by having stacks of multiple Transition Markers, each one that goes to another Loop Region with Probability ON — but doing the manual Chance % is tedious… surely there’s got to be a better way I’m missing?

A different way I’ve done this before is to make each “region” an event, and use Multi Instruments containing the events on a timeline to play a different event each X bars. That functionally gets me to a similar place, but the view is different, since I can’t see the timeline waveform like this.

So I’d like to find out if there’s a way I can do this… basically my desired behavior is summarized as follows:

• Playback hits the Transition Marker
  • Transition Marker has a multiple-choice Destination selector that goes to another Loop Region, preferably weighted by Chance %
  • Loop Region starts playing, until playback hits that one’s Transition Marker
    … and on it goes.

In some cases I’d also want to add other fancy stuff that isn’t possible in just a Multi Instrument container.

Is there a way to do this, tidy and simply?

No. There is no better way.

You’re not the first person to request a more streamlined and intuitive way of creating a complex logic point. I’ve added your name to the list of people interested in this feature.

1 Like

@joseph Thank you for confirming. Even though it’s not yet possible, I feel relieved in some small way to know I’m not alone.