I’ve been trying for the last few weeks to install FMOD on my raspberry pi model b but I’m running into an issue where when I run one of the provided examples, it fails with the error “libfmodL.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
I originally tried following the directions here: https://wiki.debian.org/FMOD but they seem to be outdated. So the following are notes that I took that got it almost working. Please help!
- Download Fmod Ex (the Programmer Api) from the FMOD site
- Copy FMOD tar.gz file to root on your pi Untar it using tar -xvzf: tar -xvzf
- Navigate to fmodstudioapi10813linux/api/lowlevel. I have a Raspberry Pi Model B
so I’m using the shared library (.so files) in the lib/arm folder.
- sudo cp fmodstudioapi10813linux/api/lowlevel/lib/arm/libfmod*
- sudo cp fmodstudioapi10813linux/api/lowlevel/inc/.h /usr/local/include/
- The next thing is to test if everything is in working order. Run “Cd
make” // to change directory into the make folder under
- “make --file
play_stream.makefile CONFIG=Debug CPU=arm” this failed with the
following error “ /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gnu/stubs.h:7:29:
fatal error: gnu/stubs-soft.h: No such file or directory # include
<gnu/stubs-soft.h>”, so I changed my makefile such that
“-mfloat-abi=softfp” became “-mfloat-abi=hard”.
- Now I get the error
“libfmodL.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or