I was noticing during my tests that triggering two different events with the same audio, one a few seconds after the other, introduced a slight delay between them.
As I tried to have more control over the exact timeline position of the events, I saw that there’s a delay of 40ms on average (usually between 30ms and 60ms) between what I’m requesting as a timeline position and what I end up getting.
I tried to flush the commands before and after calling setTimelinePosition, and this calls takes about 40ms, which I guess explains the difference I’m seeing. It seems pretty long for a “simple” function (admittedly I have no idea what’s going on in the engine), so I was wondering if it’s normal and expected, and maybe I should compensate it manually with the average call duration per platform, or if there’s something wrong I must have done in order to get that duration.
Unless I’ve done a mistake somewhere, my banks are loaded with their samples long before that, and the event is not streaming.