Issues with FMOD packages and uassets in 4.26 NO SOUND

Hi,

Since we’ve updated FMOD and UE4 we are running into an issue with all of our builds having no audio due to the FMOD/Uasset issue. Also, UE4 requests to add all of the FMOD events as Uassets, while still also having the banks. When we manually add the Uassets, the ones that have been added, do appear to come through in the packaged builds of the game.

We have a few rough solutions, but, we really wanted to work with you to find the proper way to handle this. If you have a moment I would like to CC and bring a couple of our engineers into the email chain so they can work with you in more detail on getting a solution.

As always,

Thank you so much

• Jeremy

This issue was resolved via email.

Depending on your setup, you can choose to either include the generated assets (which removes the need for other machines to build them) or leave them out and have individual machines build them as needed.

At this point, the integration will not generate the assets unless the editor has been opened, meaning that command line builds do not trigger the assets to be built. We are working on a fix for this.

Hey was there ever an update for this? Starting a new project and trying to figure out a way to not have to force delete assets everytime there’s some data change.

We have added commandlet support that allows users to build/rebuild the generated assets from a command line:
https://fmod.com/docs/2.02/unreal/user-guide.html#commandlet

Hi Cameron, I am still having issues with the .bank files creating duplicate uassets on top of the previously loaded ones if there have been any folder structure changes in FMOD. By the end of my last project we had two or three of every event as a uasset in UE4.

I see the commandlet to allow " * rebuild: (Optional) Remove all current generated assets before building."

But I’m not sure where I should be placing this commandlet.

We are using P4 to sync our project, any suggestions to alleviating the issue using P4?

Thanks for your time, I’d love to figure this one out asap.

The commandlet is run from command line, it requires the UE editor exe path and uproject file path:

eg. "C:\UE\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor.exe" "C:\UE_Projects\MyGame\MyGame.uproject" -run=FMODGenerateAssets -rebuild