Ive lost my entire project 3 times today

I am working on a MacBook Pro, my project is for my capstone which is due on Friday 4/26. I saved the project when I first opened it and since then I have imported assets, and created folders and events. I also created an ambience track. However, every time I saved my project and closed down FMOD, which all went as expected, when I went to open it up later, it gave this message (attached photo) and when I attempted to recover the file it gave me a blank FMOD project with my assets imported. I even tried saving it as a package the third time but it also failed. How am I supposed to save my project so I can continue to work on it after opening it up again? Does anyone know what is happening to my project or has any advice at all to fix this? All advice, help, suggestions, at all would be hugely appreciated.

Are you saving the project on a network drive, or in a folder managed by a cloud synchronization service such as DropBox?

I ask because the error you’re seeing indicates that some files in your project folder are missing, corrupt, or not openable by FMOD Studio. This can happen for a number of reasons, including having an intermittent or unreliable connection to a network or external drive, or a cloud synchronization service preventing other applications from opening the files it governs. If one of thee issues is the cause, moving your project to a folder on a local drive that is not automatically synchronized with the cloud should allow you to save and load the project normally.

If neither of those are the issue, your hard drive may be failing. If you want to avoid losing data, I recommend testing it, and if necessary replacing it, as soon as possible.

Apparently the folder it was in was indeed being uploaded to iCloud, as soon as I created a folder that didn’t and redownloaded the game and made the project there my issues are gone thank you so so much!!!