Launch Switch from Ue4

Hi!
We are trying to launch our project to the Nintendo Switch Edev from Unreal. The launch ends with this message:

LogPlayLevel:   Building 4 actions with 8 processes...
LogPlayLevel:     [1/4] C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Unreal Projects\Carl_Project_D 4.26\Binaries\Switch\Gori.nss
LogPlayLevel: Error:     ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: FMODPlatformLoadDll(char16_t const)
LogPlayLevel:     >>> referenced by FMODStudioModule.cpp:391 (C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Unreal Projects\Carl_Project_D 4.26\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Private\FMODStudioModule.cpp:391)
LogPlayLevel:     >>>               C:/Users/Carl/Documents/Unreal Projects/Carl_Project_D 4.26/Intermediate/Build/Switch/Gori/Development/FMODStudio/FMODStudioModule.cpp.o:(FFMODStudioModule::LoadDll(char16_t const))
LogPlayLevel: Error:     clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
LogPlayLevel: Took 26,0927629s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\UnrealEngineBinary\UnrealEngine-4.26\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-Gori-Switch-Development.txt)
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 29.553897
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

Fmod works for windows. We can’t see Fmod as an option in the help menu in Unreal.
We have installed the fmod Switch plugin in the root of the project as the documentation showed.

We are using UE 4.26.2.
And “fmodstudio20205ue4.26switch_sdk10.4.0” for the switch plugin.

Any ideas on what’s wrong?

Thanks!

Any news or updates on this?

Have you recently updated from an older version of FMOD or is this a fresh install?
FMODPlatformLoadDll was removed in 2.02.05, but I think it would be possible to hit this error if you had a base installation of 2.02.04 and a Switch installation of 2.02.05.
In any case, I would suggest removing “Plugins/FMODStudio” from your project, redownloading the 2.02.05 plugin for Windows UE4.26, and adding that back into your project.
Please let me know if you are still getting the error and I’ll take a closer look.

1 Like