Linking error on Linux UE4.26.2 FMOD 2.02.03

Hi,
we have just created a Linux dedicated server build for our game, but it immediately crashes because of FMOD:

We are using UE4.26.2 and FMOD 2.02.03. The windows plugin is overwritten with the Linux patch, the plugins.txt files are also prepared. After doing Linux build, the .so files are copied from plugin Binaries to Game Binaries, similarly to our other game (that game is using UE4.24.3 and FMOD 2.01.07 and works fine).

1st we tested the plugin placed in the Game folder, but currently it is moved to our source built engine Engine/Plugins as written in the docs, but the results are the same:

Everything works fine (windows standalone, oculus/android, windows dedicated server), Linux server build is also compiled, but when starting the Linux server build we get the following strange error, and the server is crashing immediately, without providing any log file:

./ZC2Server: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../core_api/platforms/linux/_builds/ReleaseWithLogging/Dynamic/x86_64/libfmodL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It might be a linking error, that “platforms” path should not be required in our case.

In case of windows and android we use OculusSpatializerFMOD, it is not set up for Linux (Oculus usually doesn’t support Linux), no idea whether it can be a problem or not…

Thanks.

I realized the answer to this question moments before posting, but I spent enough time trying to figure it out I’m posing anyway for future reference if anyone else follows the Debian instructions and wonders why they get an undefined reference.

If you are including the “fmod_studio.hpp” file you also need to include the fmod studio library. Add -lfmodstudio after -lfmod and provided you have everything else right it will now compile without an undefined reference.

Hi,
thanks, I just simply don’t understand it :slight_smile:
@Joseph46 should I include that .hpp file, or where to put -lfmodstudio and -lfmod ?

I’ve just uploaded a patch release to fix this problem. Re-download the UE4 integration and make sure you get the “patch3” release and all should be well.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

thanks, I’m testing it today, and I will provide feedback.

hi,
now with patch 3 the linux dedicated server starts properly, thanks again