Live Update not working with Adressables

Hi! I’ve been trying to get Live Update working with a Unity project that uses Addressables. I’m getting no errors and the live update is on according to FMOD Studio, but nothing I do seems to change things live. Is there anything I need to do to make this setup work?

Just a couple of things to check:
Is the Liveupdate button displaying reconnect at the bottom of FMOD Studio while the Unity project is running?

Are there any errors in the console if you enable FMOD logging: Unity toolbar -> FMOD -> Edit Settings -> Initialization -> Logging Level and setting it to either Log or Warning.

Let me know how that goes!

Liveupdate button in FMOD is green and displays on, and the Unity logging shows no errors with FMOD logging on.

What are the changes you are trying to make that aren’t working?

Changing volume in events, adding effects to events, live mixing, none of it works with live update.
All of this worked fine until we changed FMOD Unity to use asset bundles instead of Streaming Assets.

Thank you for the information, unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue.
Just to clarify, you are using Addressables or Asset Bundles?
Would it be possible to upload a copy of your project to test on our side?

We are using Addressables, and unfortunately we cannot share the project.

Seems to be working now, somewhat. I have to start Live Update in FMOD while the project is already running. For some reason every time I enable live update in FMOD before I press play in Unity, or I pause the project in Unity and press play again, live update stops working. Now I have turn off Live Update in FMOD every time before pressing play in Unity. Kind of annoying, but at least it’s something.

Apologies I should have asked this before, which version of FMOD are you using? I am working with 2.02.11 and do not appear to have the issue.

Thank you for sharing the workaround.

1 Like

No worries, I use FMOD version 2.02.04. I will try the latest version to see if the problem remains.

1 Like