So I’m trying to load an additional bank created in a separate Unity and FMOD Studio project in my main Unity project that already utilizes FMOD. I deliver the banks text asset imported to the separate Unity project to my main project via addressables - I load the content catalog additively at runtime, load the bank text asset via Addressables.LoadAssetAsync() and then load the bank itself via RuntimeManager.LoadBank(bank, true). All these operations complete successfully from what I was able to check. Still, when I try to play the event in the additional bank, I get a [FMOD] Event not found ‘event:/SFX/Visuals/Hat’ exception during FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CreateInstance.
I’ve done all of the following, everything looks to be fine, but I still get the error.
- Make sure the Import Type in both FMOD projects is set to Asset Bundle
- Make sure the UNITY_ADDRESSABLES_EXIST is defined
- Check that you’ve placed the Event into a Bank in the FMOD Studio Tool
- Check that the Bank is being loaded by a FMOD Studio Bank Loader component or your own script
- Check the Script Execution Order to make sure the code that loads the Bank runs before code that looks up the event
What are the possible reasons of such a situation? Do I need to do something special to get the additional bank to work? For comparison, all the banks in the main Unity/FMOD projects play back correctly.