Min max distance not changing when using Transceivers with Dissonance voice chat

Hi there. I would like to follow up on a discussion I had at the end of my previous topic:

I have created a setup outlined by Joseph near the end of the previous topic. Here is a screenshot of that setup:

I am trying to set the min and max distance on the Player0 Event but it isn’t working. I have also noticed that setting 3d attributes for the event in Unity also doesn’t really do anything. I have to set 3d attributes and min max distance on the Channel itself for it to actually work. But this defeats the purpose of using Transceivers, i think.

Do you have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong or what I could try to get this to work?

Thank you

I can’t be sure that this is the only issue, but looking at the screenshot you posted, I can see that the event has no sheets and is not persistent. This means that it will automatically reach a natural end and be stopped as soon as it starts, and so will not be capable of receiving or processing audio.

In the event’s macro controls, set the “Persistent” property to “On.” This will make the event persistent, ensuring it does not automatically stop when it is not playing content.

I also notice that the “player0” group bus’ fader volume is set to 0 dB. As mentioned in the instructions I gave in this post, you would need to set the faders of the buses to -oo dB, or you’d get a duplicate of the signal that isn’t spatialized as well as the spatialized version of the signal.

Hi again, Joseph! I hope you are doing well.

I tried setting the Player0 group bus’ fader volume to -oo dB and I couldn’t hear anything. Setting it to 0 dB actually works as I only hear the voice audio once.

I also tried adding an empty Timeline sheet and making the event persistent but that doesn’t seem to make a difference…

The transceiver effect is partially working because the FMOD Spatializer seems to be working (voice audio was definitely not spatialized before this).

Is there anything you would to see with regards to my setup in FMOD? Or the DSP logic in Unity?

Update: I have changed the structure/order of my mixer groups and now I can hear voice audio even after setting the Player0 mixer bus’ fader volume to -oo dB. I also had to add a looped empty audio track in a timeline and set persistent to true.

It’s working for me now. Sorry for bothering you on this…
If I have any further issues related to this, I’ll reply on this thread.

I’m glad to hear you were able to get it working!

And don’t worry about bothering us. We’re here to answer questions, after all!