Need Help with Karting Microgame Tutorial

I’m just starting to explore FMOD so i’m currently working through the “Karting Microgame” tutorial here on the FMOD website. I have 0 experience with code so i’m pretty confused with a few of the steps where i’m supposed to delete lines in the code.

Step 42 of the tutorial says to "Delete all of the calls to PlaySound", which is what i’ve tried to do, but i now have the error “Assets\Karting\Scripts\UI\ObjectiveToast.cs(171,6): error CS1513: } expected” and it seems i can’t press play until i’ve fixed the error.

Does anyone know exactly what lines of code i’m supposed to delete here? I have no idea what “calls” and some other coding words mentioned in the tutorial mean and i’m having trouble finding answers from google. I’m also unsure about steps 29, 34 and 38.

Sorry for the extremely noobish question but as i said i have pretty much no clue when it comes to coding.

Here’s the link to the tutorial: https://www.fmod.com/unity-integrate#:~:text=to%20PlaySound

Calls is a programming term for “starting a function”. When step 42 states to delete all of the calls to PlaySound, it means to delete any command calling the PlaySound() function. From the error it looks like what you have deleted has caused either a semi colon to also disappear or something similar. Are you able to post all the code in ObjectiveToast.cs for us to take a look?

I have the very same issue. I work with sound and even though I know some programming basics I was not able to pass steps 26-42 correctly. All I get are errors in console. Is there a way how to actually download correctly modified files? Thank you!

This is waht I get:

Error: Component of type FeedbackFlashHUD on GameObject GameHUD expected to find an object of type UnityEngine.AudioSource in the scene, but none were found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
DebugUtility:HandleErrorIfNullFindObject(Object, Component) (at /private/var/folders/bp/2qfw5p597mx4d_g333cb1g080000gn/T/33809f04b402b4f8b839893e96029bcf/Assets/Karting/Scripts/Utilities/DebugUtility.cs:20)
FeedbackFlashHUD:Start() (at /private/var/folders/bp/2qfw5p597mx4d_g333cb1g080000gn/T/33809f04b402b4f8b839893e96029bcf/Assets/Karting/Scripts/UI/FeedbackFlashHUD.cs:40)

It looks like you may be talking about the expected errors that are part of the tutorial - see the grey box.

Hey Skritsarn did you finally manage to sort this out? I’m having the exact same problem!

Aleks

Have you tried the steps 26+ as mentioned in the tutorial above?

Hey Richard,

Yup I’ve been following the tutorial - for me personally it’s step 42 which seems to be the problem, everyone seems to have a different answer for this! But then as a result after trying all sorts of variations, it made me start to question whether I did step 38 right as well? Although step 38 seems a little more straight forward.

29 and 34 are obviously completely clear as they instruct you to simply delete the lines which contain the specific words.

This is an absolutely mind boggling beginners tutorial! If anyone has actually completed this I will send you a packet of hob knobs in the post if you can help guide me through 42?! :smiley: