Nested Events with only Parameter Sheets not playing 2.02.21

Hi,

as the title suggests I have some events with nested events on an action sheet that only contain parameter sheets with looping sounds spread across the param values.

These used to play when the top level event was playing. We’ve recently upgraded to 2.02.21.

Now those nested events refuse to play, only when I add a timeline with a looping region to force the event into looping playback they start to work again.

Is this the expected behavior?

Note: when I just play the event with the param sheet it plays, but not in a nested configuration.

Update: It appears it’s also not consistent. Nested events that are on parameter sheets themselves in the hierarchy do play when they only contain a parameter sheet.

It sounds like the nested events are reaching a natural end and stopping before the paramter changes to a cvalue that causes their instruments to trigger. You can override this behavior by setting the nested events to be persistent.

This is the expected behaviour.

Hi Joseph,

thanks for your reply.

My nested events that are not playing are set to persistent.

I’m trying to see if I can replicate the issue with a new project.

Thanks

In that case, we’ll need more information about them to diagnose the issue.

If you succeed, please upload the project to your profile page so that we can inspect it in detail.

If you fail, we’ll have to look for a difference between your reproduction project and the original project, as that difference will likely be the cause of the behavior.