Parameter Value not changing?

Hi, when i walk through my trigger box, i took some code that would handle updating the parameter and changed the ‘function names’ according to my project. Unity confirms that the player goes through the box, i don’t know if it updates the value but the music doesn’t change at all. i made a parameter such that “Tension” could be increased from 0 to 1 to switch between 3 different background music tracks. i’m all out of ideas and googling didn’t help. thank you for your time.

The set up is as follows:
Player contains the fmod studio event emitter and listener.
Cube that is supposed to act as a transition has a “Parameter set by name” script that changes the value of the parameter in fmod after exiting.

fmod version 2.00.10 (in unity too)

the script of parameter by name is:
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class ParametersSetByName : MonoBehaviour
{
FMOD.Studio.EventInstance MainMusic;

private void Start()
{
    MainMusic = FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CreateInstance("event:/MainMusic");
    MainMusic.start();
}

private void OnTriggerExit(Collider other)
{
    if (other.name == "Player")
        MainMusic.setParameterByName("Tension", 1.0f, true); //true to fade with defined seek speed in fmod.
        Debug.Log("exit box");

}

}

the event path is correct because i copied it from fmod itself.
the console returns the debug statement when exiting, so it does recognize the collider.

in the console i also get this message: [FMOD] Instance of Event event:/MainMusic has not had EventInstance.set3DAttributes() called on it yet!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(String, Object[])
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:433)

here is a link to what the timeline and parameter looks like

Are you playing your music event with the Studio Event Emitter? Then you don’t need this:

MainMusic = FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CreateInstance("event:/MainMusic");
    MainMusic.start();

This creates and starts a new instance of your MainMusic event. Instead, get a reference to your Emitter at the start of the class:

[SerializeField]
StudioEventEmitter emitter;

and call SetParameter on the emitter:

emitter.SetParameter("Tension", 1.0f, true);

Drag and drop the GameObject containing the emitter to the new empty field appearing in the inspector.

in the console i also get this message: [FMOD] Instance of Event event:/MainMusic has not had EventInstance.set3DAttributes() called on it yet!

Your event is a 3D event because it has a spatializer effect on the master track. The Studio Event Emitter already takes care of setting the 3d position of the event according to the position of your GameObject’s transform. When you manually create an instance you have to do it yourself by calling EventInstance.set3DAttributes() or RuntimeManager.AttachInstanceToGameObject(). FMOD informs you if you don’t do it, that’s why you get that warning. If your music event should be 2D you can simply remove the spatializer effect from the event.