Playing a Sound through Android App

Hi All,
I am new to FMOD and Adaptive Audio.
I am trying to build a custom Mobile App through which i would like to play an audio.
As a first step i am trying to find if there are any examples on how to achieve the same using FMOD.
As a next step, i would like to make the audio adaptive (Modifying the sound decibel low to high or vice versa) automated based on input.

Thanks,
Madhu

0 Likes

We have a number of example projects available in our API download: https://www.fmod.com/download.

As for adaptive audio, this can be broken down into two parts.
The first is to create the event in Studio, we have a few videos on this topic here.
The other is controlling the event from the game. One of our examples (event_parameter) shows how you can set parameter values on an event from your game.

0 Likes

Thank you Cameron.

Regarding the adaptive audio, i have a .mp3 file duration of 3 minutes and i would like to change the volume of audio file dynamically during the course of play.
For example:
Once audio play has started, somewhere around 10 seconds, i would like to increase the volume and again later decrease/increase the volume till the end.

Can you let me know how to achieve the same using FMOD API’s without using studio’s.

An example on same would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes

There are a few ways you could go about this, the first couple that come to mind are:

0 Likes