Problem Loading FMOD Banks

I’m experiencing a pretty big issue with FMOD and UE4. I’m getting an error “Problem Loading FMOD Banks: Master(An invalid object handle was used.)” Every time I try to build banks. I’m using Unreal 4.26.2 and the original FMOD project was created using FMOD 2.02.04. I’ve since upgraded to FMOD 2.02.19. The UE4 project is still using the FMOD 2.02.04 plugin, but it was working correctly with FMOD 2.02.19 a few weeks ago. Today I opened the project, and it had no sound. So I tried to validate my project and got the error message described above. I tried reverting to FMOD 2.02.04 with the same issue. I’ve tried using a different master bank in FMOD, double checked the bank directory in FMOD, and tried changing the default bank in UE4 project settings, but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have advice on how to resolve this issue?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue.

With the integration Logging Level Log:

Could you please upload the full logs when you are experiencing the issue?

Are you using any form of version control?

Hey Connor, thanks for the reply. Luckily, I had a backup of my project that wasn’t too old, so I was able to replace my corrupted project with that and everything is working fine now. I’m not using version control. I don’t think it had anything to do with switching to 2.02.19, but I’m going to keep this project in 2.02.04 to be safe. I think the issue may have been caused by saving my project in a One Drive folder. If I experience this issue again, I’ll be sure to post details here.

Hi,

Yes, the issue would have been having the project in the One Drive folder explained here: Problem loading FMOD Banks: Master (An invalid object handle was used) - #2 by joseph.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Thanks for confirming, I was unsure if that was related when I read that other forum post a few days ago, since they sounded like they continued using Google Drive without issues, and they said that the issue was just not allowing the project to finish uploading to the server before opening it on another computer.

1 Like