Snapshot per FMOD Studio Listener

Hi,
is it possible to add e.g. a high cut only to one of the FMOD Studio Listeners? For a 2D game, let’s say I have two Studio Listeners: one of them is outside a house, the other is inside the house following my character. Is it possible to high cut the listener outside the house? So outside sounds appear muffled until my character walks out. E.g. toggle a snapshot for only a specific Studio Listener.
Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a snapshot to a listener. Listeners do not have their own signal chain, rather they are used to calculate positioning for 3D sounds. You can read more about them here: FMOD Studio | Glossary - Listener.

Alternate solutions may be:

If I have misunderstood the issue, please let me know.

Hi!

All good suggestions, it’s appreciated. In my 2D platformer, when the player enter a room he is teleported to a new room (x,y coordinates), maybe located out of bounds. That room has its own listener that follows the player, the other listener stays in the world so I can still hear the audio from “outside”.

Question: Is there a way to make the Spatializer not just control the volume but also highcut? Then I could move the world listener away from the player on the Z depth, while he is in the room, so the world sound appears more muffled for that specific listener. I already do this to make the sound appear more quiet. And move back whenever the player returns to the world (e.g. leaves room). I wouldn’t have to do all that raycasting then

Hi,

Unfortunately, our spatializer does not support this behavior. However, you could look into Googles or Steams spatializer if they provide it:

Hope this helps.