Startup/loading tissue: "FMOD: Couldn't find base folder with GUID..." in 2.02.03

Hi! After upgrading FMOD version, I always get this warning upon loading/running:

FMOD: Couldn't find base folder with GUID 06ae579381df01a4a87bb149dec89954; defaulting to Plugins/FMOD

I just noticed that error was already pointed out in another thread but it was mentioned it would be likely be fixed in the next revision. I am using the next revision (2.02.03) and it is still happening, so I wanted to check if there were any unforeseen problems fixing this, or perhaps I am running into a different cause with the same symptoms as the call stack looks slightly different:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know about this. The error occurs because some previous versions of the FMOD for Unity package didn’t include the .meta file for the Assets/Plugins/FMOD folder, so Unity generates one and assigns a new GUID when importing the package. We fixed this in the 2.02.02 release, and also added a system that locates the FMOD folder by GUID so that you can move it anywhere in your project without breaking things. However, Unity doesn’t overwrite folder GUIDs when importing packages, so if you’re upgrading from a version that didn’t include the .meta file your FMOD folder will still have the incorrect GUID.

The next release will be able to update the FMOD folder’s GUID for you, but in the meantime you can fix it manually by editing the Assets/Plugins/FMOD.meta file in a text editor and changing the guid: line to guid: 06ae579381df01a4a87bb149dec89954.

1 Like

Thank you @ben_fmod that fixed it! :slight_smile:

I had the same issue when updating from a previous FMOD Unity asset. This and repairing the events in the scene fixed everything.

Thank you so much!