Streaming custom (encoded) data for create/playSound

Hi,
I would like to feed FMOD continuosly with encoded (i.e.non PCM) data in streaming fashion - with unknown length, and not via a file - and have been testing creating a sound with setFileSystem callbacks set; - but since the callbacks are file oriented and there’s e.g. no file handle - without much success (data is encoded via common codec such as mp3 which FMOD normally accepts).

I’m roughly following asyncio sample in unity c# wrapper, using CREATESTREAM opening flag, empty CREATESOUNDEXINFO; after setting at least some dummy filesize in open callback, FMOD seems to freeze after 1st call to async read callback.

:: the reason I’m trying to do this is to enhance, or rather replace in fact, FMOD networking which is very bare bones esp. wrt secure connections and/or other features such as authentication/redirects/…

Is this viable approach and can this be eventually done this way ?
If not, is there currently a potential way of doing this with FMOD ?

Thank you !

Are you setting the cbsize of the FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO?

cbsize

Size of this structure. Must be set to sizeof(FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO) before calling System::createSound or System::createStream.

yeah, the gist of it is here: https://pastebin.com/Mh0xvp25

system is created before, is being updated via Update
callbacks are just empty (with some logging, removing it/everything didn’t make a difference), except I’m trying to set at least ref parameters and members marked as [w] in ASYNCREADINFO in async/read callbacks

prints these (and only these) 3 lines before it stops:
=================================== FileOpenCallback decoder ˊo_oˋ 10000 0 0
=================================== FileAsyncReadCallback 1075647096 0
=================================== FileAsyncReadCallback asyncReadInfo 0 8192 2048 0 0 1166073824 1 FMOD.FILE_ASYNCDONE_FUNC

was not sure how to proceed / if it makes sense for FMOD to be used like this

it looks like you aren’t calling done() on your FMOD_ASYNCREADINFO anywhere, this is required to signal the async operation is complete. See how asyncio example does this.

I couldn’t make it run in 1.10.14 - was getting null in info parameter in asyncread callback ( so a new read request couldn’t be recorded no matter what )
Upgrade to latest 2.00 seems to solve this for now ( that callback definition changed in 2.00, too )

[it’s not done yet, but at least it looks like it’s willing to run]