There is a problem of music popping noise for Android

I have a APK Android and Fmod bank.
How can I send you message directly? Can you give me a email address?

After a long time, I can’t find the original registration email, only authorization information, so I can’t use the channel of Profile, and now I will send you the problem package that must appear.

Hi,

You can upload them to a file host site e.g. Google or Drop box then Message me the link via DM Click on my Name "Connor_FMOD" -> Select Message which will then open a direct message prompt to me.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I bought it through a reseller and he gave me an email supporting technology, I sent you a link through this email(support@fmod.com ), will you receive it? Also, I didn’t see a message button after clicking your name.Another question, I just got the license information of the project, txt. How do I make sure that it is licensed after the release and check the local configuration file?

I just registered the project on my official website called Zombiflux: Sleepless War, and uploaded the relevant pop file in Profile, please check it!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for sharing that. When I was listening to the audio I was hearing popping from the outset, I just wanted to confirm whether this was the issue or is still only happening after a prolonged period of time?

Hi Connor,
This package in Android happens every time. But previous version only happens after more than 3 hours. Every version in PC is totally fine.

I uploaded many previous versions of our package to forums; you can double check it.

Can you help us to solve it faster? We are out of time.

Whether it has anything to do with the packaging platform, it has been the default Desktop before

Hi,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing the Studio Project, I think I have identified the issue.

After doing some internal profiling we determined the mixer was spending a lot of time processing 3EQ effects.

Here you can see the DSP Process FMOD 3-EQ effect taking over 4ms to process which is interrupting the mixer thread contributing to the popping that we can hear. What I did was remove most of the static 3-EQ effects attached to audio tracks that I could find in the Studio project and this was the result.

The mixer thread is no longer being interrupted and the DSP Process FMOD 3-EQ call has been reduced to just over 4 microseconds.

What I would suggest is removing static (not modulated or automated) instances of the 3EQ effect from all of your tracks, and performing equalization inside a DAW during asset creation, to save on resource usage.

Thank you for your patience and for sharing the Studio Project it was vital in finding the cause of the issue. Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Thank you for your solution! I disabled all 3-EQ on the mixer and tested on two Android devices, and after a long time of testing, one device had a brief burst of noise and then it was fine, while the other device did not have any issues at all. Previously, there was persistent bursting sound. The test was successful, and now I want to confirm if it is related to the DSP Buffer Size setting and what is the best setting for mobile platforms. Currently, Fmod defaults to 512, do I need to adjust Unity’s related settings, or CPU usage, etc.?

Hi,

After you have removed all the 3-EQ effects using the default values will be fine. It was the sheer amount of the effect that was causing the popping.

Hope this helps!

Recently, there has been a problem where the popping sound can still be heard after running for about an hour. It lasts for about 3-5 minutes before it goes away, but then it happens again. There’s also a new issue where all the sound becomes muted after hanging for a while.Recently, there has been a problem where the popping sound can still be heard after running for about an hour. It lasts for about 3-5 minutes before it goes away, but then it happens again. There’s also a new issue where all the sound becomes muted after hanging for a while.

You have the same problems as us. Both of these problems appear on the Glory mobile phone, and we don’t know how to solve them now. It’s hard to reproduce them.

1 Like

Hi,

Could I get an updated project uploaded to your profile that is experiencing the issue? Ensuring that Banks are included in the packaged project:

I have uploaded the file named warz__230412.fspackage in the Profile, please check it

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue on an Honor phone. Are you experiencing this on all devices or a specific make?

At present, it seems that only some Android machines burst sound, by the way, ask how to solve this tip across versions

Hi,

You cannot open projects in older major versions. The Studio version you are attempting to open this project with is 2.00 which is no longer supported, while the project was migrated or created using the major version 2.02. You will need to open the project using an FMOD Studio in the same major version of the project which can be downloaded here: https://fmod.com/download#fmodstudio.

I have uploaded the captured session of the popping issue in the Profiler for you to take a look. I named it as the three labels shown in the picture. Can you please help me check it?

企业微信截图_16819590687381.png

1 Like

Hi,

I see this is being resolved in another thread. I will link it here: