Trigger Audio With... Triggers

Hello!

Apologies in advance for this beginner question, I’m coming from a Wwise and Fabric background and am struggling a little with the transition.

The game I’m working on is up and running with 3D Fmod event emitters working fine. I love it! But I can not for the life of me figure out how to get a simple 2D music event to trigger inside Unity. Am I crazy? Do I need script support for this?

I basically want to trigger a music event when a character moves into a certain area using a gameobject with a trigger on it. I was hoping something this simple wouldn’t require code at all but I’m pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. I’ve tried the Fmod Parameter Trigger hoping that would do the trick, but sadly no luck. It doesn’t have parameters, I just want it to start. Obviously I’ve looked at the documentation and literally dozens of videos online but I just can’t find what I’m looking for.

What is the normal process for this?

Thanks so much in advance!

I think I’ve answered the same question here:

Basically use the usual Studio Event Emitter component with the Trigger Enter/Exit callbacks. Make sure the component is inside the GameObject containing the trigger collider and make sure to have selected your character’s tag in the collision tag field.

Thanks very much for replying so quickly. This is how I expected the system to behave, but this isn’t working for me.

I am starting to suspect it’s something to do with how the player tag is set up. I have the character set to Player, and the trigger is looking for the Player tag, but no dice.

Thanks again! I’m going to keep at it.

The only problem I can see is maybe you are missing a Rigidbody on one of the two GameObjects. You need at least one (kinematic or non) to make the trigger work : ) Can you check that?

Oh my gosh, top of the main character prefab didn’t have a rigidbody. You excellent person!

I can’t believe I was looking in the wrong place for so long. Thanks so much! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

1 Like