UE4 4.25 -> 4.26 Upgrade: Compile Error C3668

I’ve just tested it and localized audio does not work in both cooked builds and editor.
It looks like programmer sounds do not work at all, but investigating further, it looks like no event can be played if it comes from a localized bank. The reason seems like to be that a localized bank will always fail to load, because it cannot be found inside a data table.

Aha, found it:
In “FFMODAssetTable::GetBankPathByGuid” you convert the guid in string, but the data table expect a particularly formatted format.

At line 81 of FMODAssetTable, do this:
FString GUID = Guid.ToString(EGuidFormats::DigitsWithHyphensInBraces);

The row will now be found and the system will load the bank.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this - I did encounter an issue with cooking while working on this and I thought it had been fixed. I’ll review it and make sure it’s fixed properly for the release.

Edit: This issue had been fixed but the fix was not included when pushing to github last week. I’ve just pushed the fix to github.

Thanks for this, I’ll apply this fix to our code for the release.

Edit: This fix has been applied and pushed to github.

Thanks Derek, that fixes it!

1 Like

Hello,

It looks like the sequencer integration does not work anymore: an event spawned in the sequence will play at begin play, and beginning of the sequence and not when actually triggered.
Also, there’s not more the decision between “play” and “trigger”:2021-02-14 21_54_10-Sequencer

Thanks for reporting this, I see there’s a new topic for this particular issue so let’s keep any discussion of it in that topic ([Bug Report] Fmod sequencer integration not working in UE4.26.1)