Build Failed, "Missing precompiled manifest for 'FMODStudio" - 4.25.1

Hello, I’m getting this error when building on UE4 with the latest FMOD.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'FMODStudio'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in FMODStudio.build.cs to override.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 56.0188004s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\m-user\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\X+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.25\UBT-The_Nights-Win64-Shipping.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

FMOD is inside the Engine’s Plugin directory. I am using the 4.25 FMOD plugin because the 4.25+ doesn’t load at all.

Any clues?

If I put FMOD into my project’s Plugins folder then it fails with this.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     X:/Unreal Projects/The_Nights/Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Windows/Game/Source/NativizedAssets/Private/AnimNotify_FMODPlayEvent__pf122477288.cpp(458): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Plugins/FMODStudio/Source/FMODStudio/Classes/FMODEvent.h': No such file or directory
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     [50/53] Module.NativizedAssets.3_of_3.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     X:/Unreal Projects/The_Nights/Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Windows/Game/Source/NativizedAssets/Private/TestCar__pf3721807828.cpp(465): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Plugins/FMODStudio/Source/FMODStudio/Classes/FMODAudioComponent.h': No such file or directory

Edit: It seems to fail when it’s nativizing Blueprints.

We just updated the UE4.25 and UE4.25+ plugins on our download page a couple of hours ago. Get the latest FMOD UE4 integration, make sure the file you download has “_patch1.zip” and see if your problem persists.

Cheers

Hi, yes it is still happening. I uninstalled FMOD from everything, and then put the new patch1 build into the Plugins folder of my project because I still can’t get it to run from the Engine folder. It gave me an error saying that they plugin was made for another version of Unreal but it lets me recompile it. It works fine in the editor but it still errors out when building Blueprints with nativization. If I build a normal game, no nativization, it works fine.

Are you using the 4.25 (not the 4.25+) integration?
Are you using FMOD version 2.00 or 2.01?

I’m using the 4.25 integration with Unreal 4.25.1, as well as latest FMOD 2.01.

I did some more testing with other blueprints in a new clean project. It’s the same result and fails during nativization on all of the BPs. I’m sure it will fail in any other project if you guys do happen get around to testing this.

Thanks

I have not been able to reproduce this, are you able to provide a small project that shows the issue?

Hello, I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to make a project yet.

This can be reproduced with these steps:

1. Build FMOD Sample Project to a UE content folder, preferably a new “advanced vehicle” project.
  2. Edit the existing advanced vehicle buggy blueprint.
  3. In the blueprint, set the RPM parameter of the vehicle sound (FMOD) to the vehicles RPM (UE).
  4. Turn on Blueprint nativization in UE project settings and make it “Inclusive”.
  5. Package project as “Shipping”.
  6. See build fail with message from above.

I will try to make a project this weekend.

Thanks for the information but unfortunately I’m still unable to reproduce the errors.
What patch version of UE4.25 are you using?