UE5 Crashes When Build in FMOD

Hello all.

Right after integration and validation process in UE5, I try to build my FMOD project and UE5 crashes instantly. I’ve uninstalled everything, cleared the content folder and even tried with different versions of FMOD but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance.

Assertion failed: PathStr[0] == '/' [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\AssetRegistry\Private\PathTree.cpp] [Line: 21]

UnrealEditor_AssetRegistry
UnrealEditor_AssetRegistry
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODAssetBuilder::CreateAsset() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODAssetBuilder.cpp:534]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODAssetBuilder::BuildAssets() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODAssetBuilder.cpp:147]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODAssetBuilder::ProcessBanks() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODAssetBuilder.cpp:51]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODStudioEditorModule::ReloadBanks() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp:1239]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODStudioEditorModule::ProcessBanks() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp:387]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FFMODStudioEditorModule,void __cdecl(void),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [C:\Data\UE4\Unreal Engine\5.00\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:469]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!TMulticastDelegate<void __cdecl(void),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Broadcast() [C:\Data\UE4\Unreal Engine\5.00\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateSignatureImpl.inl:967]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODBankUpdateNotifier::Update() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODBankUpdateNotifier.cpp:46]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODStudioEditorModule::Tick() [C:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\integrations\UE4\temp\FMODStudio\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor\Private\FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp:1079]
UnrealEditor_FMODStudioEditor!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FFMODStudioEditorModule,bool __cdecl(float),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Execute() [C:\Data\UE4\Unreal Engine\5.00\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:453]

This crash should have been fixed in 2.01.16, and was caused by a period being present in an event path. For example “event:/Characters/Mr.T/Greeting”. Can you please tell me what version of FMOD you are using, and check whether there are any periods in the names of your folders or your event names?