Unity doesn't always update on build until I turn on Live update?

Press F7, go back to unity and nothing has changed, turn on live update the then the changes happens. I’m on Mac Catalina. Unity 2021.3.4f1. Fmod 2.02.07 Is this a known issue? If not can it be related to the Fmod package being 08?

Best

J

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was not able to recreate the issue.

Could I grab a bit more information:

• Is there anything special about where your FMOD Studio project / Banks are located? e.g In your Unity project’s Assets folder, on a separate hard drive, in a cloud linked drive
  • Are your banks being tracked in source control?
  • What is the Built Banks Output Directory of your FMOD Studio project, and does it match with the Build Path in your FMOD Unity settings?

Hi Connor

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anything special about where your FMOD Studio project / Banks are located? e.g In your Unity project’s Assets folder, on a separate hard drive, in a cloud linked drive

Both projects are on the same drive. I’ve also had the same problem if I nest the Fmod project in the Unity folder (not in Assets).

Are your banks being tracked in source control?

No.

• What is the Built Banks Output Directory of your FMOD Studio project, and does it match with the [Build Path] in your FMOD Unity settings?

Default Fmod project folder and yes it’s the same as under Fmod settings in Unity.

If I start a project from scratch I can get it to update but only after I specify the banks and refresh from within Unity. See vid below.
Fmod build update issue

I suspect this has something to do with Macos Catalina because I don’t see the same issue on the M1.

Hi,

Thank you for the video.

Again I was unable to recreate the issue.

Is it possible to get a copy of the FMOD and Unity projects to test on my end? You can DM me a repo or a cloud drive.

Also, could you test whether Live Update is working when you have your Unity project running? Check if it is throwing any console errors.