Using Programmer Sounds in addition to the plugin

Hey,

I’m trying to implement Programmer Sounds in addition to use mostly the BP integration, though I’m running into some massive issues.

Frankly I have no idea how to access the FMOD plugin via C++ code and how to additionally use the LowLevelAPI.

Is there a reasonably simple way to integrate Programmer Sounds into Unreal right now besides writing everything including the BP interface yourself?

I’m still using 1.07.02 and UE 4.9

Thanks for any help!

Edit: The inclusion of the plugin in C++ works. However I can’t seem to get the FMODSystem as described in the docs.

Programmer Sounds, by their nature, require interfacing with the FMOD Studio API in C++. There is no way to do it via Blueprint alone.

The documentation describes how you can access the Studio API from UE4:
http://www.fmod.org/documentation/#content/generated/engine_ue4/programming.html

I tried including it as described however I always get “‘IFMODStudioModule’ : is not a class or namespace name”. The rest includes and compiles just fine. However the way to get a system as described in the documentation doesn’t seem to work for me and I can’t find another way to get to it either.

Also is there a way to enable Visual Studios IntelliSense for FMOD specific stuff while working this way? (this is just a convenience thing. Not a huge deal if it doesn’t)

Sounds like you are missing an include file. Try this…

#include "FMODStudioModule.h"
#include "fmod_studio.hpp"

if (IFMODStudioModule::IsAvailable())
{
    FMOD::Studio::System* StudioSystem = IFMODStudioModule::Get().GetStudioSystem(EFMODSystemContext::Runtime);
    if (StudioSystem)
    {
        // Use it here
    }
}