Weird sound behaviour when using auto distance parameter in dedicated server

(Jake Long) #1

Hello guys, I’m using UE 4.19 integrated with FMOD.
Recently I encounter a very weird behaviour with FMOD playing events.
So what I do is just to play an instance locally when the player press a key. So I use PlayEventAtLocation and play at the player location. The event Im using has a different sound depending on the distance from the player to the listener.
For example, if A triggers the sound, then A hear X sound while B hear Y sound. It works fine on the network side. However on the client side, when A triggers the sound, A hears Y sound (this event is executed locally so I expect it to have local behaviour) but when B triggers the sound, B hears X sound (correct behaviour).
Note that X sound is played for the player and Y sound for the listener. In my case, when there are 2 clients, first client as a player receives Y sound instead. If I have 3 clients, then 1 and 2 will receive Y sound while 3 receives X sound.
Hope I explain it properly guys. Thanks for reading and hoping to get help soon.
Cheers.

(Cameron Baron) #2

Are you able to share your source code or blueprints for how you are implementing this?

(Jake Long) #3

Here you go. Simple as this : https://imgur.com/a/j2SZLDl

(Cameron Baron) #4

How are you separating the player and the listener in game?

(Jake Long) #5

Sorry for the late reply, can you elaborate more on your question ? For what I’m understanding then I just moved the second player to a random distance away from the listern (first player)

(Cameron Baron) #6

Apologies, I misunderstood the use of player/listener.

It is sounding like the parameter value being set may be incorrect.
Is there any chance you would be able to send us a small project that reproduces this that we could use to debug? Otherwise I am happy to help you do it.