Where can i get a FMODex pre-built library to use on build

Hello im trying to build a open source game that needs FMODex but i can’t have it built at least to be able to commit so i can test it. Is there anyway to get a pre-built library of FMODex to build it for my platform macOS so i can commit to project?

Thank you to anyone could help

I have enabled FMOD Ex access for you, if you want to check on your download page. We give access for old projects that need it but not for new projects.
regards,

Thank you brett for your quick help.

Hello @brett ,

I am writing because I am in the same situation. I am porting an old project to x64 and am missing the x64 version of the libfmodex_vc.lib / dll

Is it possible to give me access to that as well?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ricardo

Hi Ric,
I have added access to your account

1 Like

I can also enable FMOD Ex access. I’m having difficulty with 64 bit porting.
Please.

i have added it

thank you very much!

Hi, same problem (need fmodex lib for a old project compilation) thx in advance!

if you specify a version number i can add it

Dunno the original version used (lib/inc not given in the original source code archive)
Here are the structures and functions used (may it help you to choose a compliant version) :

// FMOD_SYSTEM* _system;
// FMOD_SOUND* _sound;
// FMOD_CHANNELGROUP* _masterChannel;
// FMOD_CHANNEL* _playingChannel;

// FMOD_System_Create(&_system);
// FMOD_System_Init(_system, 1, FMOD_INIT_NORMAL, NULL);
// FMOD_System_GetMasterChannelGroup(_system, &_masterChannel);
// FMOD_System_Close(_system);
// FMOD_System_Release(_system);
// FMOD_RESULT r = FMOD_System_CreateSound(_system, filename.toStdString().c_str(), FMOD_SOFTWARE | FMOD_CREATESAMPLE | FMOD_UNIQUE | FMOD_LOOP_OFF | FMOD_2D | FMOD_ACCURATETIME, 0, &_sound);
// FMOD_System_PlaySound(_system, FMOD_CHANNEL_FREE, _sound, false, &_playingChannel);
// FMOD_ChannelGroup_SetPaused(_masterChannel, true);
// FMOD_ChannelGroup_GetPaused(_masterChannel, &isPaused);
// FMOD_Sound_GetLength(_sound, &len, FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
// FMOD_Channel_SetPosition(_playingChannel, time, FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
// FMOD_Sound_GetLength(_sound, &len, FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
// FMOD_Channel_SetPosition(_playingChannel, newTime, FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
// FMOD_Channel_GetPosition(_playingChannel, &time, FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
// FMOD_Sound_Lock(_sound, lBytes, wBytes, ((void**)&ssampleBuffer), ((void**)&dummy1), &len, &dummy2);
// FMOD_Sound_Unlock(_sound, (void*)ssampleBuffer, (void*)dummy1, len, dummy2);

cheers

If you are recompiling the original game from source, you might has well use FMOD Studio Core API as the functions you listed are virtually identical. There are very minor differences such as playsound doesnt have ‘fmod_channel_free’ any more.

Hi @brett,

I am porting an old project to Android 64 bit and need 64 bit libraries for fmod ex 4.60. Is it possible to get a pre built library for the same.

Regards,
Jiten

Hi Jiten,
There is no 64bit version of FMOD Ex for android, as mentioned above the recommended path is to migrate to FMOD Studio.

Hello,

I am migrating an old application using fmodex_vc.lib to newer 64 bits version. Can I get access to FMOD EX to build the 64 lib I need?

Thanks

hi @brett ,

I am also porting an old project using FMOD Ex and would like to get download access to the x64 libraries.

Thank you!

If you are doing a port, and you were using the low level api in FMOD Ex, I will reiterate this post

Hi @brett

Many thanks for the response!

My case is a bit different as I lost the original audio source data, so I’m left with just the built .fev/.fsb bank files, thus I’m unable to rebuild the bank data for FMOD Studio compatibility. Therefore, the need arises for FMOD Ex libraries.

if you are part of the original development team that has a registered title/license , I can hook you up if you email support@fmod.com with the game title / company name.

I am working on a DOOM port for MacOS, which appears to use FMOD Ex. Could I please have access to the download for this? Thanks.