Why isn't FMOD_SUPPORT_THREADSUSPEND set by default?

We are setting this now on macOS to suspend the threads, otherwise the threads run when the app is minimized and continue allocating from our custom allocators. But we need all threads to pause. I noticed that one of the threads still

I tried setting this on iOS, and crash at startup in seemingly unrelated code. It’s like the SystemI interface isn’t correct.

FMOD_RESULT ProfileStudioGroups::create(ProfileInterface profile, FMOD::RuntimeAPI::Manager manager, ProfileStudioGroups resultGroups)

{

result = profile->registerModule(profileGroup); <- dies here, since registerModule doesn't crashes on the member function ptr, profile is valid, profileGroup is valid

The problem seems to stem from not having this flag set on studio_api project. Once I set the flag there as well, then the startup crash stopped happening. The SystemI ProfileInterface then is missing member functions, and so then the vtable doesn’t line up. Again, I don’t understand why this isn’t the default across all projects. The default behavior in fmod without this flag isn’t desirable.

This in fmod_systemi.h (studio_api)
#ifdef FMOD_SUPPORT_THREADSUSPEND
FMOD_SYSTEM_CRIT_SUSPEND,
#endif

And apis like this, where SystemI changes with respect to FMOD_DEBUG and the flag
#ifdef FMOD_SUPPORT_THREADSUSPEND
bool SystemI::isInSuspendThread()
#endif

And this in fmod_thread.cpp (core_api) callback, where it actually locks the mutex
void Thread::callback(void *data)