Why Nested Event creates instances without destroying previous one? Shouldn't the system take care of it?

I am using a Nested Event with Labeled Parameter. This “movement” just switches that Labeled Parameter by enum. After stopping the Parent instance, all of the other instances are getting destroyed. But why does not nested event’s itself not releasing itself since it is a reference then?

As the solution, stop and release the previous one, and create new instance of the Parent Instance, set the parameter and start it. So its the same as creating new instance without nested event but you are creating a nested event’s parent this time. I dont know it would be cool if this can be handled automatically.

Hi,

What version of FMOD Studio and FMOD for Unity are you using? Additionally, do you have any AHDSR modulations being applied in the nested events?

Hi, Sorry for super late answer, yes they were using AHDSR and the version is 2.02.16 BuildVersion: #135072

No problem!

There was a known issue on 2.02.16 with AHDSR modulations being applied to nested/referenced events where the nested/referenced events wouldn’t stop playing. This issue has been fixed as of 2.02.17 - please update to 2.02.17 or above and let me know whether the problem you’re observing has been resolved.

1 Like

Thank you. The problem seems fixed in 2.02.18

1 Like