Additional non-asset directory not being added

I just migrated a project from 4.21 to 4.24. I updated the FMOD plugin and made sure the banks are connected. Everything seems fine, but every time I open the project, I am told that I need to “add the non-asset directory to the Copy.”

We use a perforce server so I check out the engine .ini file, click add. I validate. Everything is fine, until I reopen the project.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Sterling

All of the FMOD Integration settings are stored in “{ProjectName}/Config/DefaultEngine.ini”, is that the file you are checking out and editing?

Yes, and everytime I open the project, it asks me to do it again, even though I believe the line of code that should be added is already in there.

@cameron-fmod I’m getting the same problem right now, we are using ue4 4.26.1 source and FMODStudio 2.01.09 also we are using p4 as SCM, the problem is when the project has opened show a warning like this:

FMOD has not been added to the "Additional Non-Asset Directories to Copy" list.

Do you want add it now?

We select fix but nothing happens (even outputlog doesn’t show anything) and when we open the project it shows the warning again.

it checkout DefaultEngine.ini but doesn’t write in,

Any Suggest for this? maybe should we write the setting in DefaultEngine.ini?

Are you able to try the ‘validate’ button in the menu before trying the ‘fix’ option again?

Yes I are, but the same issue, it doesn’t modify nothing

Is it possible that the file isn’t being checked out and is not writeable?

Are you able to manually edit the packaging settings to add the FMOD bank folder (eg. “FMOD/Desktop”) and have that detected?

Hi all,

Wanted to give you all an update as we hit the same problem and figured it out.

1. Make sure the DefaultEgnine.ini file is checked out
  2. (in UE 4.27) Go to Project Settings → Project → Packaging → Hit the drop down menu option under “Packaging” → Add the necessary file paths under “Additional Asset Directories to Cook” and “Additional Non-Asset Directories to Copy”.

1. After doing this check DefaultEngine.ini back into source control.

After completing this we receive no errors on startup.

Hope this helps!

Additional info:

The Packaging settings are actually in DefaultGame.ini so you’ll have to check that out too.

And make sure you had FMOD/Destop under Additional Non-Asset Directories To Copy. I had FMOD only which passed the help>validate FMOD process

We had the same issue here too, and I’d like to add that you need to enable “advanced settings” in the project settings dialog for the options outlined by Sidera to show up.

My bank-folder for desktop is also slightly different.

Additionally, I didn’t have to check out the DefaultEngine.ini file, but that rather the DefaultGame.ini file, as chocobo pointed out above.