AsyncCommandBuffer::growBuffer Warning Unity

Hello I am getting this warning: [FMOD] AsyncCommandBuffer::growBuffer : Growing command buffer to 65536 bytes. Initial command buffer size can be tuned to avoid dynamic growth using Studio::System::setAdvancedSettings().

I tried setting the cbSize of the advanced settings in the RuntimeManager’s initialize, with no luck. If someone knows how to do this, please let me know.

The buffer size can be set via FMOD_STUDIO_ADVANCEDSETTINGS::commandqueuesize. cbSize is actually the size of the structure, used for versioning, in C# / Unity you don’t need to set that field, the C# wrapper does it for you.

1 Like

Hello, we still have this problem even though we tried setting the commandqueuesize, any other solutions we could try? Thank you!

Hi,

You can check the commandquesize has successfully been resized by calling FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.StudioSystem.getAdvancedSettings(). This will make sure the command buffer has be set correctly. Another option to make sure the setAdvancedSettings() functions has run correctly is using FMOD.RESULT and debugging its result.

Hope this helps!